22 (per year)
Hamilton Secondary College is undergoing a facility upgrade.
Key features of the upgrade include:
- a new performing arts building encompassing a 152 seat theatre, two music general learning areas, music practice rooms, a new canteen area, and a multipurpose learning and performance space incorporating a planetarium. This planetarium will be only the second permanent planetarium in South Australia and the first in the southern suburbs of Adelaide. It will allow the school to continue to grow and develop as a leading player in the space education field, building on the strong STEM focus the school is known for.
- major refurbishment of the old music and drama building into contemporary flexible learning areas
- refurbishment of the resource centre to create a senior school space which will open to a new plaza and link to the new performing arts building
- minor refurbishment of home economics space
- installation of heating and insulation in the gymnasium
- air conditioning and acoustic upgrades to building 3
- upgrade of the school frontage facing Marion Road for street presence, including way finding and sign upgrades
- demolition of ageing infrastructure.
Architect: Totalspace Design
Builder: Marshall and Brougham