15 (per year)
The upgrade will improve safety and traffic flow at this key intersection.
The project involves upgrading the intersection of Main North Road and Nottage Terrace, which has on average 66,750 vehicles travel through it each day.
The existing single right-turn lane from Main North Road into Nottage Terrace causes problems due to the inadequate capacity, resulting in long delays for peak traffic, including disruptions to vehicles heading north on Main North Road through the intersection.
The project scope includes:
- The widening of Main North Road (west side), with installation of dual right turn lanes onto Nottage Tce travelling eastbound.
- Two through lanes on Main North Road travelling northbound, and addition of a priority bus lane through the intersection (northbound).
- Widening of Main North Road (east side) to accommodate a left turn lane onto Nottage Tce (eastbound) and extension of the bus priority lane at the intersection (southbound).
- Widening of Nottage Tce (south side) to accommodate the extension of the right turn lanes (northbound) from Nottage Tce onto Main North Road.
- Upgraded pedestrian crossings within the intersection, including new pedestrian crossing lights and ramps.
Service relocation works are expected to commence in the third quarter of 2020, with main works expected to begin early 2021, weather permitting.
Expected to be open to traffic late 2021.