This project enables residents across the whole council region, neighbouring regions as well as visitors to access and enjoy quality public spaces.
The project scope includes:
- Revitalising and connecting inactivated open space reserves in three Mallee towns along the Karoonda Highway.
- Creating a trail of three new playground spaces to increase community access to open space for recreation and encourage residents and visitors to congregate, socialise and spend time together.
- New playground spaces in Karoonda, Wanbi and Wynarka.
This project is delivered through local council.
Total investment: $648,700
- Council investment: $60,000
- Federal Government: $283,700
- State Government (Federal Drought Communities Program): $300,000
- Wynarka Reserve Committee: $5,000