To support urban development in the area, this project aims to bring the Port back to life by turning McLaren Parade into a green, pedestrian and cyclist-friendly environment. A 180 room, 6 storey hotel will also be constructed.
- creating a low-speed environment to encourage more pedestrians and cyclists to use it
- a canopy to provide wind and sun protection
- improved connection betweeb state heratige tourism areas, the wharf and the river
- opportunities for more public art and projects to encourage people to use the area.
The project will happen in 2 stages:
- Between Timpson Street and Lipson Street.
Hotel construction will then start early to mid-2021.
- Lipson Street to Commercial Road (after hotel construction to avoid damage during hotel construction).
This project is delivered through local council.
Total investment: $1.2 million ($600,000 in state government grants).
July 2021 (Stage 1)