106 (per year)
The Memorial Drive Stage 2 Redevelopment proposed by Tennis SA is the next step in its goal to rejuvenate the historic home of tennis in South Australia.
The project includes the demolition of the existing northern stand, construction of new northern and eastern stands, upgrades to the existing southern stand; court platform upgrades including new centre court rebuild, reconfiguration of site entry/exit areas, upgrades to existing roof works, and additional site provisions to cater for enhanced communications and visual display.
The redevelopment will:
- Ensure the tennis precinct and heritage of Memorial Drive is retained
- Provide year-round state of the art training and high-performance facilities
- Provide new spectator stands that incorporate community and corporate facilities that dramatically improve the functionality and flexibility of the covered centre courts precinct while increasing the overall seating capacity
- Deliver a multifunctional, multisport facility and platform for community events, sports technology development, concerts, festivals and commercial activities
- Provide improved inter-connectivity throughout the precinct.
Construction will commence early March 2021.
Lead contractor appointed