173 (per year)
The State Government is Reactivating the Repat and returning the site to a thriving health precinct, including:
- A new Dementia Care Home in partnership with HammondCare.
- 18 bed Neuro-Behavioural Unit to care for people living with dementia, whose behavioural and psychological symptoms mean their needs can’t be met in mainstream residential care.
- 12 bed Specialist Advanced Dementia Unit (SADU) for people living with advanced dementia.
- 26 bed care transition facility for people with dementia and those transitioning to home or an aged care facility following acute care treatment.
- 48 bed Brain Injury and Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation facility.
- Veterans' Wellbeing Centre and refurbishing the SPF Hall.
- Town square community hub and open outdoor flexible space in the heart of the Repat, including a new wheelchair training and sports gymnasium.
- A new home for the Southern Older Persons Community Mental Health Service.
- New facility for Statewide Eating Disorder Services, including a residential facility.
We are also ensuring the Repat Chapel, Remembrance Gardens, Museum and SPF Hall will be protected and preserved as community assets for future generations.
This project is expected to support approximately 173 full-time equivalent jobs per year, over the life of the project.
The lead contractors for this project are: Silver Thomas Hanley Architects, Aurecon Engineers and Lend Lease.
Total investment: $107.3 million (State and Commonwealth Government, HammondCare investment estimated at $30 million).