The development of new play space area of approximately 3500 square metres based on the Thorndon Park Master Plan which will be inclusive and cater for both children and teenagers of all abilities. The new playspace will consist of:
- Ninja Warrior
- Multi-Purpose Courts
- Swing Zone (including Liberty Swing)
- Water Play Zone
- Musical Equipment with Large Climbing Wren Sculpture
- Flying Fox and Timber Stilts/Steppers
- Crane Sculpture with Swing
- Sky Bridge and Bird Watching Huts
- Slides and Large Climbing Heron
- Shade structures
- Outdoor furniture.
The highlight of the project will be feature bird sculptures:
- Heron Sculpture with large slide and climbing network
- Wren Sculpture with low climbing net and chimes
- Crane Sculpture with crane swing
- Hen Sculpture with misting fog.
The project will be delivered in 2 stages. Stage 1 will start in October 2021 for the manufacture of the bird sculptures and Stage 2 will start in March 2022 for the civil and remainder of the play space redevelopment.
Architect: JPE Design Studio Pty Ltd